Wednesday, August 8, 2007


I built a little house today, and put a karate mat in there (you can see one of my awesome moves in the top image). This was premade, I didn't code it myself, obviously. Ditto the bubbles. I'm still having trouble lining up the elements of my building, especially when they're at right angles to each other. I think this is because of the registration points of each object maybe, because even when you round off the x,y,z positions, its still all wrong. So at the moment I am lining things up by sight, which is not the best. Today we had heaps of problems with lagging and freezing, I dont know if this was because of bugs in the new version of the application, or because we had so much building going on at once, in the same area. At the top of the application window, it pretty much permanently said (Not Responding), but then half the time it let you move around anyway.

I also found a fantastic new place called Suffugium (well found it by doing a web search for top second life places), its a dystopian city, and they have scan bots verifying your identity, allows you to dumpster dive (I got a hula hoop and a crack pipe :) and some really great texturing. I didnt take any screenshots, but will take some later and post them. They had a little rave going on, which I'd like to check out again (I didnt have sound on), sounded like some really wicked industrial shit from what the dj was saying.

No comments: